Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Poetry. My Passion.

Poetry is one of my passions. I love to write. Here is one of my favorites from the more than 50 poems I have composed.

Normandy


Sandy beaches now splattered with dismemberment.
Combat boots forever leave imprints.
The seas roar and wave’s crash, but red paint still secretly stays cemented in the sand.
The wind whispers cruel stories from yesterdays.

A foggy smoke still sits to show the history of what was.
Bandages and bruises of broken soldiers are badges of battle.
Repeated war, yet so different from the first round of rage.
Heat brings a sour smell and bitterness on the tongue.

The gruff voice of the general shouts my grade.
His wise words gave us the hope to win.
“Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.”
We pressed on through the flashing metal and sprays of red.

Back home they cheer us on in heart, hoping for the day we return.
Some came to safety while others retired covered in red, white and blue.
Bravery, Courage, Ambition, Self-Sacrifice, Pride, and Patriotism.
2; 1944; 156,000; 2,500; 4,900; 6,036; total 425,000

No comments:

Post a Comment