Friday, April 22, 2011

Sex & Relationships

Why do people cheat on their significant others? I've often wondered this...is it because they're lacking something that we desire? Is it the rush of doing something we know is wrong without getting caught? Is it the excitement of "trying something new?" And what makes one person worthy of being that one person we're with forever? I've had around 4 actual relationships and have only had sex with one person and that's the person I am marrying and will be with for the rest of my life. Sometimes I still wonder if I missed out...I mean, look around, the whole world is sleeping with an average of 25-30 partners by the time they're 21...does it make me less of a person by not having the "whole experience?" Does it make me worse because I'm less experienced? Is he going to get bored with me later on? Will I get bored of him later on? Are marriages even real? Do people really stay together anymore for the rest of their lives? Will I have thoughts of someone else later on? Will he think of other girls he's been with? Will he think of them when he's with me? Am I the best he's ever had?

So many questions go through the heads of girls and guys alike when it comes to sex and relationships. I've come to learn a couple things though. 1.) Relationships rely on trust. Even though both parties have probably been through a lot with other people (maybe not even sexually speaking, maybe emotionally) you still need to trust the other person to look to the future with you and that the other people in the past have disappeared. 2.) Sex isn't something you should just hand out like a free sample. When you sleep around it just makes it that much more complicated when you make it to a real relationship. Plus sex can complicate a persons life so much (i.e. STD, unwanted pregnancy...etc.) 3.) When you find that person who is forever, you know that they're the one and although you make still talk or think about people from your past, you still know that they can't even compare to what you have. and 4.) Don't fall too fast. If you're with a guy for 3 days and already think you're in love...it's doomed. You fell...down a cliff and into a raging river of YOU'RE STUPID. It takes time to fall in love...you may be in like with someone after a couple weeks or months...but you are not in love. But when you do find love..I mean real love, not those 2-5 month relationships that amount to nothing but heartbreak and hate, but the 3 years spent dating and turning into a ring on that finger and a white dress, it will be amazing. So...don't worry, you'll find it, just relax, stop rushing and take a minute to think about what you're doing and how it will effect your life and those in it.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment